Re: [exim] Router to filter off a specific address

Author: Peter Bowyer
To: Exim, Users
Subject: Re: [exim] Router to filter off a specific address
On 30/06/06, Doug <genesys2001uk@???> wrote:
> Hi guys + gals,
>
> I have a requirement to create a router to relay one specific address
> to a different host, whilst leaving the "defaul" router to handle
> everything else. I have the router below in place which ~I thought
> would work, but alas it doesn't.
>
> ==============
>
> test_router:
>     condition = ${if eq
> {${lc:$sender_address}}{something\@domain\.co\.uk}{true} fail}:
>     driver = manualroute
>     transport = remote_smtp
>     route_list = * x.x.x.x

Firstly you're checking the sender address - by the sound of what you
want to achieve, shouldn't you be checking the recipient instead?

Anyhow - as others will be telling you, you shouldn't resort to the
generic 'condition=' statement in a router when there are more
specific ways of expressing what you want... which do a lot of the
heavy lifting for you.

If you really want to check the sender address, use

senders = something@???

If you're checking the recipient, use

domains = domain.co.uk
local_parts = something