Re: [exim] Exim install on a replacement server...

Author: Jason Meers
To: John Clement
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Exim install on a replacement server...
John Clement wrote:

> Has any one written or come across a reasonable 'getting an Exim mail
> server working' guide? Any pointers and tips really appreciated. I've
> installed the latest Centos, just because that was what I had to hand
> but if anyone recommends something else I'm willing to give it a go.
>
> Thanks, jc

Try this, it will walk you through everything from building a test
machine, configuring and troubleshooting, then recommendations for
making the transition over to the live server.

http://www.uit.co.uk/exim-conference/full-papers/jason-meers.pdf

The guide covers Fedora Core, RHEL and Centos (as Centos is essentially
RHEL). If any subsequent questions you have may be of use to others then
post them back to the list, if you just need some one-to-one help then
mail me direct and I'll walk you through it.

I could spend half a day with you on this if you can get up from London
to our offices in Manchester.

--

If anyone else who has used this guide has any suggestions or
corrections please e-mail me with them as I about to update the guide

Thanks
Jason Meers