[exim] return path set in transport, but it doesnt work

Author: Jon Bendtsen
To: exim-users
Subject: [exim] return path set in transport, but it doesnt work
Hi

I have a CVS and subversion server. When ever someone commits something
an email is sent out to various people. That email appears to come
from the one
that commits the data, but since they can not do anything about
errors i want
those errors to come to me.

Rather than adding the return-path to all the scripts sending email,
i figured that
it would be smarter to force the return-path to always be the sysadm,
since
noone else sends email through that machine.

I read some pages in the documentation for exim 3.36, and added this
to the
transport directive. I also tried without the " arround the email
address.

remote_smtp:
driver = smtp
return_path = "root@???"

But i can not get it to work. Emails are still sent with the
committing user as the
return-path.

JonB