Re: [exim] exim4 and courier userdb

Autor: Marco Meinardi
A: W B Hacker
CC: exim users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] exim4 and courier userdb
Hello,

well I didn't get it working with imapd *YET*, I'm still working on it :)
I want to use the courier authdaemon for authentication, so that today I
use userdb, tomorrow I can use ldap or whatever else.
Of course I'm having another problem, maybe some of you have faced it
already.

I have implemented the "hack" for using authdaemon for SMTP
authentication (as advised on many Internet sites), but it doesn't work.
All what I get from debugging/logging is only:

plain_courier_authdaemon authenticator failed for [X.Y.Z.H]: 535
Incorrect authentication data (set_id=<username>)

How do I get more information about what exactly fails?
How can I do some tests myself over the authdaemon socket? I didn't find
any documentation about that...

Thanks again!
Marco

--
Marco Meinardi <m.meinardi@???>

ReteItaly S.r.l.
www.reteitaly.com

C.so Svizzera, 185 - 10149 Torino - Italy
Tel. +39 011 7767694 - Mobile +39 335 7878604
Fax +39 011 746179