Re: [exim] exim4 and courier userdb

Autor: Chad Leigh
A: exim users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] exim4 and courier userdb

On Jun 21, 2006, at 2:16 PM, W B Hacker wrote:

> We did run a similar exim+courier-imap/pop test-bed for a time
> several years ago.
>
> After experimenting with various auth methods, we found it
> easiest (not necessarily most efficient or robust) to use
> PostgreSQL to provide UID:GID and storage location settings to
> both Exim and Courier (and other combinations under test).
>
> IIRC, your experience mirrors ours in that what we 'needed most'
> was the ability to select <realfieldname> *as* <variable name
> courier wanted> and in the sequence/order/position expected,
> *and* modify the string as part of the process (insert or skip
> '@' and split or concatenate fields, for example).

I have it running out of an LDAP db with both courier and exim
getting full info including path. I use the complete email address
as the login/delivery name. Was quite easy to set up.

Chad

---
Chad Leigh -- Shire.Net LLC
Your Web App and Email hosting provider