Re: [exim] Underscore in domain names

Autor: Chad Leigh
A: exim-users @ exim. org
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Underscore in domain names

On Jun 21, 2006, at 5:40 AM, Matthew Byng-Maddick wrote:

> On Wed, Jun 21, 2006 at 12:30:52PM +0100, John Burnham wrote:
> [> Renaud Allard wrote:]
>>> Is there an easy way (preferably without modifying source
>>> code) to configure exim to allow an underscore in a RCPT
>>> domain name? I don't mean only in EHLO, but really in the
>>> recipient domain name (address like <ddts@tmn_00.domain.tld>).
>> Yep. In fact how to do it is in the FAQ on www.exim.org in a slightly
>> different form. But to make life easy for you:
>>
>> Q0732
>> Question
>>
>> I would like to either warn or deny when a host uses an underscore
>> in the
>> EHLO command.
>
> Please reread the original poster's question. He wanted it in RCPT,
> not only
> EHLO/HELO. I think Renaud has been on this list long enough to know
> how to
> to it in EHLO. I hope so, anyway...

John's answer was to make HELO/EHLO accept it and then check for it
in an acl later. He was not just turning on acceptance at HELO time.

I am not qualified enough to pass judgement on his method but did
want to point out that he was not only attacking it at HELO time.

Chad