[exim] retry time ERROR

Autor: Ronan McGlue
A: exim-users
Assumpte: [exim] retry time ERROR
# Address or Domain Error Retries

*                      *           F,2h,15m; G,16h,1h,1.5; F,4d,6h

above is the first line of my retry section. I have hotmail and my three
local domains in 4 other rules. They should be saeperate to this issue
though.

exim_checkaccess reports that the mail would be deilivered to an address
at @nipsa.org.uk from my MTA

however i get an instantaneous bounce with the following from MY mta.

   user.blah@???
     retry time not reached for any host after a long failure period

[snip]

and also running exim -bt  user.blah@??? on the MTA gives me
user.blah@???
   router = dnslookup, transport = remote_smtp
   host 194.46.34.90        [unknown]        MX=10 ** unusable **
   host expint.nipsa.org.uk [213.121.182.66] MX=20

is this an issue?? I can telnet 25 to the MX=10 server. Any pointers,
anything im overlooking?

thanks

Ronan
--