Re: [exim] Underscore in domain names

Autor: Renaud Allard
A: John Burnham
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Underscore in domain names
Well, the helo_allow_chars is not the solution. It only permits hosts to
do something like "EHLO smtg_01.domain.tld".

An SMTP dialog of what I really need to accept is the following:
EHLO mail.extdomain.tld
MAIL FROM: <someone@???>
RCPT TO: <ddts@tmn_00.domain.tld>

For the moment, I receive the error in the logs:
SMTP syntax error in "rcpt to: ddts@tmn_00.domain.tld" H=(p0953)
[172.22.20.2] malformed address: _00.domain.tld may not follow
ddts@tmn

I know domain names for SMTP must not contain underscore, but sendmail
accepted them in the past, so I have to work with it.

--

.O.
..O

PGP key: http://www.llorien.org/gnupg/key.pub

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting
different results.
- Albert Einstein