Re: [exim] Blank emails

Autor: John W. Baxter
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Blank emails
On 6/19/06 2:40 AM, "John Burnham" <jpb15@???> wrote:

>> We've been receiving these blank emails for a while now (no
>> sender or subject or content) and although they are dealt
>> with by Outlook (it puts them in the junk mail folder), I
>> wondered if there was a way to block them at the mail server ?
>>
> Well, if they're completely blank, you can use a test of $message_body_size to
> reject emails with no body content. However, you may end up rejecting
> legitimate
> mail, so you'll probably want to tailor your tests to your circumstances. For
> example, I've known people who send emails with just a short question in the
> subject header but no message body.

We're getting a few as well. Once they pass through our mail processing
they are "completely blank" in the sense that the only headers they have are
the ones our mail processing code (Python scripts) adds, and headers that
Exim adds (Received: for our reception).

So, Exim probably sees them as completely blank at the time of the
crlf
Period
crlf
sequence.