Re: [exim] Quick Question - Prohibiting users from sending e…

Autor: L. Jason Godsey
A: Marc Perkel, exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Quick Question - Prohibiting users from sending email

Use netfilter (for linux or pf on OpenBSD etc..) to lock port 25 to
those users.

Then use something like selinux to lock access to the exim binaries, or
if you don't want to use selinux.. use ACL.

for example:
chmod og= /usr/sbin/exim*

setfacl -m user:rx:www /usr/sbin/exim*
setfacl -m user:rx:exim /usr/sbin/exim* (may be redundant, not sure.)

or, add users who are able to send email to exim_senders group
chown exim:exim_senders /usr/sbin/exim*

I'm sure there are more ways, but really, why would you have any
accounts on your system in the first place?

I think your time would be better spent using proper firewalls and
public key authentication to lock down access to your machine.

Also, maybe look into Linux w/ Xen, FreeBSD Jails, or even Solaris
Zones.