Re: [exim] SPF and mail forwards

Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: Magnus Holmgren
À: exim-users
Sujet: Re: [exim] SPF and mail forwards
On Saturday 03 June 2006 14:29, Yves Goergen took the opportunity to write:
> Hello,
> I have installed Exim 4.62 with SpamAssassin. This works fine so far,
> but now I thought about setting up SPF records for my own domains. One
> problem I see in this is that I must name all possible servers that
> might send out mails with my sender domain. This is a huge problem when
> using mail forwards. In that case, an e-mail is resent from my host but
> with a different sender address. Is this a problem and what solutions
> are there?

*Your* SPF records obviously aren't a problem with respect to mail resent from
*your* host. But your SPF records will cause problems if mail is forwarded by
some other host, and others' SPF records will cause problems if mail is
forwarded by your host, *to hosts that enforce SPF*. Any administrator that
chooses to reject mail based on SPF checks should enable users to specify
exceptions for mail they have themselves set up forwarding of (not needed if
the forwarder rewrites return addresses). That should cover all legitimate
cases.

--
Magnus Holmgren        holmgren@???
                       (No Cc of list mail needed, thanks)