Re: [exim] Very Newbie needs alias help - $50 reward offered…

Author: Terry Benge
To: exim-users
CC: fanf2
Subject: Re: [exim] Very Newbie needs alias help - $50 reward offered for rewrite rules.
I simply want to forward on emails sent from one account to multiple other
accounts but make it look like they went straight there. i.e. with the
forwarded/alias email In the to: address.

All the accounts are for specific research into spam false positives and
hence when they arrive in the inbox they appear as close as possible to the
original sending email.

I'm trying to setup a single email account (multiple going forward) that I
can send an email to (could be from any source), and this email be forwarded
on to many different email addresses to test the result of the destination
spam filters.

Hence I want the email to arrive at the destination (via forwarder or alias
not sure what's best) with as little modification as possible. Hence the
change to the TO: address.

>Yes, you can do that using Exim's rewrite rules, but I think it is a bad

idea - you're hiding from the owner of the
>email addresses that people are sending them messages via the "wrong"

addresses.
>Tony.

Re Tony's comment above, all the destination email addresses are clearly all
mine so this is not a problem.

If someone can define the rules/config I need I'm willing to pay $50.

Terry

www.ansa-me.com - Improve your membership signups by upto 400%