Re: [exim] Using $authenticated_id in router

Autor: Peter Velan
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Using $authenticated_id in router
am 2006-06-01 13:00 schrieb Philip Hazel:
> On Thu, 1 Jun 2006, Peter Velan wrote:
>
>> First I tried -oMai but without -f it does not work at all.
>
> That is odd. From looking at the code, -oMai should always work for a
> trusted caller (and be ignored for a non-trusted caller).

Uuh, I'm not sure, but may be I had "-oMai" AND "-f <>" in the call. But
definitelly, the mail was not send and there was nothing in main-,
reject- or panic-log.

>> Next I tried -f - not with my original problem in mind, but to give
>> the message a real envelope-from.
>
> Hmm. If you didn't mention -f before, it should have already had a real
> envelope from. (I recall your logs showed <> which implies that
> *something* had specified a null sender. This has to be either -f or
> MAIL FROM:<> using -bs.)

You are right: I had -f <> in the call which produced the logs in my OP.
Then, my hope was, that w/out giving specifically a null sender the
$authenticated_id will not be empty.

>> May I asume that -oMai requires -f to work properly?
>
> It shouldn't.

Ok.

Peter