Re: [exim] Using $authenticated_id in router

Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Peter Velan
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Using $authenticated_id in router
On Thu, 1 Jun 2006, Peter Velan wrote:

> First I tried -oMai but without -f it does not work at all.

That is odd. From looking at the code, -oMai should always work for a
trusted caller (and be ignored for a non-trusted caller).

> Next I tried -f - not with my original problem in mind, but to give
> the message a real envelope-from.

Hmm. If you didn't mention -f before, it should have already had a real
envelope from. (I recall your logs showed <> which implies that
*something* had specified a null sender. This has to be either -f or
MAIL FROM:<> using -bs.)

> May I asume that -oMai requires -f to work properly?

It shouldn't.