Re: [exim] request help with nis user lookups

Autor: montana
A: Tony Finch
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] request help with nis user lookups

On Wed, 31 May 2006, Tony Finch wrote:

> On Wed, 31 May 2006, montana@??? wrote:
>>
>> i have the nsswitch setup to check nis.
>> check_local_users does not recognize my nis users
>
> Have you tried tracking down the problem?

tony:

nis works fine in this box except w/ exim

>> if i use extract, what variables do i need to set? does it know how to
>> divide into substrings?
>
> ${extract {5}{:} {${lookup {user} nis {passwd.byname} }} }
>
> http://www.exim.org/exim-html-4.62/doc/html/spec_html/ch11.html#id2551855

i tried this:

data = ${extract {5}{:} {${lookup {$local_part} nis { passwd.byname } }}}

the router was declined. is there a way to inspect the values extracted?

i'm wondering if my build has some problem. i just downloaded the current
version and will try it as well.

just to summarize in my mind what normal behavior should be:

if nsswitch is set to recognize nis, then check_local_users should
recognize nis users, correct?

i appreciate your help with this.

thanx