Re: [exim] Exim-users Digest, Vol 24, Issue 42

Autor: Chris Pattullo
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Exim-users Digest, Vol 24, Issue 42
This might be on the obvious side, but check how (and in what order) you
are doing your ACLs & routing. If you have cases that are infrequent at
the beginning, and the most common things at the end, you might end up
having a lot of processing done for now reason.

I also work for an ISP and have found it makes a world of difference.
Also, consider looking at your file lookups, etc. Remember that Exim
starts new processes all the time (as opposed to just having a bunch
running that it talks to via pipes, etc.). As a result the config file
is read very frequently, and all the files in that file as well. As a
result if you can optimize those lookups, or reduce the number of files,
etc. then you might be able to speed things up that way too.

Hope this helps.

Chris