Re: [exim] group daemon was not found ?

Autor: Wakko Warner
A: Pablo L. Arturi
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] group daemon was not found ?
Pablo L. Arturi wrote:
> >Quoting Pablo L. Arturi:

> >> OS: Linux Fedora Core 3, Exim 4.24:
> >
> >ok, pretty common (except that the Exim version is a little old now).
> >
> >> line 617: group = daemon
> >
> >I guessed so :)
> >
> >Does it work with another group?
>

> No. If I change the group I get the exact same error.
>
> Among other things, while trying to use the sendmail application
> /usr/sbin/sendmail I get the same "group daemon was not found" and it
> complains about the exim.conf 617 line.

What's in /etc/nsswitch? It may be possible that you're not using
/etc/group

This will do a lookup of daemon from group according to libc's view of the
group database.
perl -e '(@a)=getgrnam("daemon");$"=":";print "@a\n";'

My system shows this:
daemon:x:1: