Re: [exim] exim4 works but doesn't

Autor: Exim Mailing List
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] exim4 works but doesn't
On Tue, May 23, 2006 at 11:05:45PM -0600, Kermit Short wrote:

> I've got Exim 4 running on a Debian Sarge AMD64 build. I've set up Exim per
> various howto's and I'm also using Dovecot as a pop3 server. Dovecot works
> great, and apparently so does Exim, until I try to send an email from my ISP
> account to the mail server I've set up. My DNS records correctly identify
> my mail server. My DNS aliases correctly resolve the mail server. When I
> send a mail on the mail server to an account on the mail server, it works.
> When I test using #exim -bh <ip address> I get a gigantic amount of debug
> info that goes WAY over my head. When I try to telnet to the server from a
> private LAN system through a NAT server, I can successfully simulate a SMTP
> mail delivery session. I can even pop down my hand crafted messages with
> the Dovecot popper.
>

> However, whenever I use a different email account to send mail to the mail
> server, I receive from my ISP (about a day later) an error mail indicating
> SMTP #4.4.1. Has anyone got any suggestions?

Own build or the default package?

If the default package, did you do anything to the Exim4 config files?

Have you checked your logs, in particular "/var/log/exim4/rejectlog"

Did you read /usr/share/doc/exim4-base/README.Debian.gz

Did you consider including the "gigantic amount of debug info" in your
post?

Steven.
--
The reward of a thing well done is to have done it.
        -- Emerson