Re: [exim] vexim + debian sarge

Autor: W B Hacker
A: exim users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] vexim + debian sarge
sabin wrote:

> hi guys...
>
> I got the following issue or at least a question:
>
> when I remove users with vexim, it seems that the proper directory for
> this user doesn't get removed. Permissions should be fine since user
> vmail got all permissions on my system for said directories and since
> it can write to it when creating it, I wonder why it doesn't remove
> them...
>
> anyone an idea? is it supposed to actually keep them?
>
> greets, Sabin

No personal familiarity with the specifics, but...

*Most* virtual-user tools that I have used require a separate
action to remove a former user's directory. It is not going to
ba accessable anyway until it is transferred (or something...)

This is generally a 'safer' approach than knee-jerk removal, as
it provides for reinstating a terminated account or conveying
the contents to a new user, as is often needed in a corporate
environment where the mail address/user is associated with a
function, department, or 'role' and continuity of client
communications is desired.

HTH,

Bill