Re: [exim] Exim documentation is badly indexed by Google

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Peter Bowyer
Para: exim users
Asunto: Re: [exim] Exim documentation is badly indexed by Google
On 22/05/06, Chris Lear <chris.lear@???> wrote:

> I still think we would be better served if searches for exim info didn't
> suffer from so much interference that we need this sort of thing.

Right - so this should fix it:

1. Latest Exim docs always under a known root, preferably on a
dedicated hostname (eg docs.exim.org/latest/docs.html)

2. Older versions still available under eg
docs.exim.org/4.51/docs.html, but with robots.txt exclusion

3. A Google sitemap.xml which cites every anchor in the docs tree, and
quotes a high 'changefreq' so that when a new release goes live it
gets picked up quickly.

How's that look?

Peter

--