Re: [exim] commandline operation? ie. --help gone?

Author: Cliff Pratt
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] commandline operation? ie. --help gone?
On 5/18/06, Vincent Danen <vdanen@???> wrote:
> I swear that I recall exim used to have a --help or equivalent, but when
> I try to do exim --help or even exim --version I get nothing.
>
> Was this removed? I thought I saw it in previous versions, but even
> 4.54 does the same thing.
>
> Sorry if this is a stupid question.

[me@here ~]# exim --help
Exim is a Mail Transfer Agent. It is normally called by Mail User Agents,
not directly from a shell command line. Options and/or arguments control
what it does when called. For a list of options, see the Exim documentation.

What do you want to find out? If you are running a unix-type system
'man exim' should give you plenty to go on.

Cheers,

Cliff