Re: [exim] Delivery to down smtp server.

Author: Wakko Warner
To: Tony Finch
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Delivery to down smtp server.
Tony Finch wrote:
> On Sat, 13 May 2006, Wakko Warner wrote:
> > Here's what I'm wanting:
> > Client queues a message when cron job finishes.
> > Client connects to server via SMTP.
> > Is SMTP available?
> > Yes: deliver via smtp
> > No: deliver to a file (which will be NFS, it is mbox, but I'm not concerned
> > about locking)
> > Job is complete.
>
> Deliver the message by smtp if $message_age is small, and to the
> NFS-mounted mailbox otherwise. Locking shouldn't be a problem because
> Exim's mailbox locking is designed to be NFS-safe. (Cambridge's Central
> Unix Service uses Exim and has mailboxes on NFS.) You should check that
> the retry data doesn't cause problems.

Thanks. Is there a variable that has retry data?
Or should I do one of these:
1) set very very very high retry times (say maybe 3-4 months, a year even?)
2) remove the retry db via cron (since this machine will only be delivering
to 1 server anyway, which is on the same lan and operated by me)

Thanks for your response Tony.

Got Gas???