Re: [exim] sending mail from outside

Author: Andrew Johnson
To: 'Samuel Thoraval', exim-users, dot
Subject: Re: [exim] sending mail from outside
You would use an encrypted session to avoid sending your username / password
details over a plain tlext session.

The fact you have username / password to receive email is unrlated, as
that's your POP3/IMAP server, and not exim.

As far as the "authentication" you think you currently have, it's more
likely just be be something like allowing relaying from your local LAN.

Also, unless you are using Exim 3, then you don't need the Oreilly book, you
need the Exim4 book publised by UIT Cambridge.
http://www.uit.co.uk/exim-book/

-Andy-