Re: [exim] sending mail from outside

Author: Samuel Thoraval
To: exim-users, dot
Subject: Re: [exim] sending mail from outside

Thanks a lot but it doesn't help me much...

I have been through chapter 33 about authentication. It refers to many
other chapters since you first need to understand where to set the
options mentioned in that chapter, you also need to understand how exim
-hb works for testing. Basicly this documentation requires that you
already have a good understanding of the way exim4 works (and hence that
you've been thruogh the documentation from the start), which I don't.
Beside I don't really understand what I could change there since I
already have authentication working somehow as I am able to send/receive
email from localnetwork and receiving from outside with login/password.
I first thought it would more likely be some relaying problem...

About the TLS chapter, I don't see the point. What if I don't want any
encrypted connections ?

Well I guess I just won't be able to fix that quickly without going
through some long and painfull readings. Sorry if I seem unwhilling, it
is just that I have other priorities at the moment, that sys admin is
not really my job and that I would have liked to quickly solve the
problem. May be I will be better of buying the Philip Hazel's Exim book
from Oreilly.

Cheers and thanks anyway

--
Samuel Thoraval