Re: [exim] Favorite Blacklists Survey

Author: Wakko Warner
To: Marilyn Davis
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Favorite Blacklists Survey
Marilyn Davis wrote:
> On Thu, 11 May 2006, Wakko Warner wrote:
> > By what the error message returned to you, it may be possible that your
> > system (that IP that is) attempted to deliver lots of messages to domain(s)
> > that are handled by secureserver.net Apparently, anyone going to
> > http://unblock.secureserver.net is accused of being a spammer or sending
> > viruses, even if you are not blocked by them, with no way to lookup why.
> >
> > Would your system happen to be an open relay by chance?
>
> I doubt if very much. There were once some links posted here for
> testing if you are an open relay and we passed them all very easily.
>
> My configuration follows.
>
> This system has been up, stable, and unimproved for lots of years.
> Even though there is facility for virtual domains, we only run
> deliberate.com.

I noticed that. You may wish to examine your logs to see if there have been
any connections to secureserver.net in the past. I checked your IP through
http://moensted.dk which only had 2 listings (which is normal as those lists
list IPs by region, not by abuse/spam problems)

At this point, i wouldn't know where to go.

Got Gas???