Re: [exim] Minimum set-up for system alerts only

Author: Pat Hastings
To: 'Ken Walker', exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Minimum set-up for system alerts only
If you just need a basic system for your debian box you shouldn't need to
touch any of the exim config files:

run "dpkg-reconfigure exim4-config" as root.

This will kick off the Debian package configurator which will then allow you
to set it up in "smarthost/fetchmail" mode. Point it to your ISP's SMTP
server and you should be up and running as far as delivering system alerts
from you Debian box goes.

If you want to receive emails as well you will need to configure fetchmail -
I will leave that one to yourself.

Regards,

Pat