Re: [exim] Relaying and smarthosts

Author: Eric
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Relaying and smarthosts
Thank you for the reply Tony,

I have looked through the exim.conf (for reference exim is supplied and
managed via cPanel/WHM) and could not find a reference to
relay_from_hosts. I have tried to create the file on the server
relay_from_hosts which has the ip range in to and add the line

hostlist relay_hosts = lsearch;/etc/relayhosts

to the exim.config with no luck. One other thing to note there is a
line in the .conf

hostlist auth_relay_hosts = *

I am not sure if it matters but the service I am trying to allow
relaying for cannot authenticate can I permit the IP range of systems
relay without authentication. (Assuming I have interpreted the meaning
of the above like)

To clarify my second question... I want to relay all outbound mail that
is sent from the domains on my server to a c-class of IP addresses. I
need to configure the exim server to accommodate the use of the Postini
Outbound mail service (http://www.postini.com/admindoc/ob_setup.html)

Thanks again
Cheers Eric