Re: [exim] Exim ACL to Limit Incoming Server Sources

Author: Magnus Holmgren
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Exim ACL to Limit Incoming Server Sources
Thursday 04 May 2006 21:59, Chris Miller wrote:
> That is true, there will be messages from localhost that should be
> accepted. How can I allow it from localhost, but have the rule applied
> to remote hosts?
>
> What is the diff between defer and deny? I can't seem to find that in
> the docs anywhere...

defer gives the client a temporary error code (45x), deny gives a permanent
one (55x). Apart from that, they are the same (i.e. processing of the ACL
stops and the error code is returned if all the conditions match).

> Also, is there somewhere where I can read about these mysterious keys in
> ACL (i.e. -- message, domains, hosts, defer, deny, etc. etc.)? I was
> reading in chapter 7 of the Exim documentation, but it just seems to
> show examples and not provide all available options.

Chapter 7 is just an overview of the configuration. All details of the ACL
system are in chapter 39. The expansion variables you can use are described
in chapter 10.

--
Magnus Holmgren
holmgren@???