Re: [exim] Linux-HA / Routing according to IP address receiv…

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Exim Mailing List
Para: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [exim] Linux-HA / Routing according to IP address received upon
On Thu, May 04, 2006 at 11:21:56AM +0100, James Davis wrote:

> I've setup a Linux-HA cluster using Heartbeat and I'm looking at the
> best way to setup a highly available SMTP service. I've got two ideas.
>
> 1. Have a single MX record that points to the IP address held by the
> active node in the cluster. This copes with hardware failure fine but
> doesn't fail gracefully if there's a problem with exim.
>
> 2. Setup each node as as primary and secondary MX hosts and have them
> store and forward the messages onto the IP address of the active node.
> I'd prefer this solution but what do I need to do to route mail
> according to the IP address it was received upon? I want to be able to
> forward the message to the shared IP address if it's not received on it.
>
> If there's a third, obvious and sensible solution I'm missing - please
> let me know :-)

3. Use the heartbeat servers as redirectors and have a bank of servers
behind them as your mail server.

http://www.ultramonkey.org/3/topologies/ha-lb-overview.html

Steven.
--
Of what you see in books, believe 75%. Of newspapers, believe 50%.
And of TV news, believe 25% -- make that 5% if the anchorman wears a