Re: [exim] Linux-HA / Routing according to IP address receiv…

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Stephen Gran
Para: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [exim] Linux-HA / Routing according to IP address received upon
On Thu, May 04, 2006 at 12:18:47PM +0100, James Davis said:
> Matthew Newton wrote:
>
> > Set up two hosts, on two IP addresses, with the same MX number?
> >
> > Seems the most obvious to me. We have three mail hubs like this;
> > occasionally SpamAssassin will fail on one, but the others keep
> > processing just fine. That's the nice thing about SMTP; it's
> > resilient by design ;-)
>
> At the moment I'm running an IMAP server directly on the MX hosts,
> failing that over between the two. I want to make sure that the mail
> ends up on the host with the active IMAP server - hence the rerouting to
> the shared IP address. I'm thinking perhaps it would just be easier to
> run the IMAP server elsewhere :-)

That would be my suggestion - seperate the mail store from the MX
record, and your problem goes away. Either frontend can handle an
incoming mail, and it will all get routed back to the real mailstore
where users can imap/pop it off. We do this in a few places, and it's a
quite effective architecture.
|  Stephen Gran                  | Beauty and harmony are as necessary to  |
|  steve@???             | you as the very breath of life.         |