Re: [exim] Linux-HA / Routing according to IP address receiv…

Autor: James Davis
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Linux-HA / Routing according to IP address received upon
Matthew Newton wrote:

> Set up two hosts, on two IP addresses, with the same MX number?
>
> Seems the most obvious to me. We have three mail hubs like this;
> occasionally SpamAssassin will fail on one, but the others keep
> processing just fine. That's the nice thing about SMTP; it's
> resilient by design ;-)

At the moment I'm running an IMAP server directly on the MX hosts,
failing that over between the two. I want to make sure that the mail
ends up on the host with the active IMAP server - hence the rerouting to
the shared IP address. I'm thinking perhaps it would just be easier to
run the IMAP server elsewhere :-)

James