Re: [exim] Something weird in my reject logs

Autor: Jethro R Binks
A: exim users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Something weird in my reject logs
On Wed, 3 May 2006, Chad Leigh -- Shire.Net LLC wrote:

> > It's not necessary to change the hostname, just the string used in
> > HELO. For some people that's much easier, since changing hostname can
> > have all sorts of knock on effects.
>
> In my experience, these are almost ALWAYS MS Exchange servers and there
> is some magic they can do to fix it.

> I've misplaced it for now, but it helps to have the link of the
> Exchange admin site hints place thingy to give that explains how to do
> it, as, even though they are high priced consultants, they usually have
> no clue on what you are talking about and how to fix it. (IE, At least
> one MS Exchange related website has details on how to do this.)

For the benefit of the archives, here are two links with details:

http://mostlyexchange.blogspot.com/2005_08_01_mostlyexchange_archive.html
http://www.freelists.org/archives/thin/05-2003/msg00123.html

although I don't know of any official MS or Exchange websites with precise
details.

Jethro.

Jethro R Binks
Computing Officer, IT Services