Re: [exim] Duplicate port 25 traffic to 2 destinations

Author: Marc Perkel
To: etienne1
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Duplicate port 25 traffic to 2 destinations

etienne1 wrote:
> Hi, I am currently testing a mail filtering unit(for spam,virus..etc), and
> would like to forward all the traffic on port 25 to a second destination in
> order to test it.
>
> I've searched quite a bit and did not find the info to do this. AllIi found
> is the way to divert some emails with a domain name filtering for example to
> another MTA, but not how to duplicate the traffic to a second destination.
> --
> Sent from the Exim Users forum at Nabble.com.

I've wondered the same thing but it's just not possible. The reason is
that the transfer of email in interactive and the source server can
interact with two separate servers at the same time transparently.
Imagine if it we a phone caller and you has two phones ringing and two
different people answered the call. Unless you are prepared to get into
a 3 way conversation it ould just be a mess.