Re: [exim] URI Blacklists in Exim

Author: W B Hacker
To: exim users
Subject: Re: [exim] URI Blacklists in Exim
Andreas Metzler wrote:

> Stanislaw Halik <sthalik@???> wrote:
> [...]
>
>>Slightly offtopic: it's bad that no alternative to SA (preferably
>>written in C) exists, it seems not to do much more than DNSBL checks,
>>MIME decoding, HTML parsing and regexp matching. Even with that, on a
>>pretty minimalistic setup, the daemon occupies 110MB of memory.
>

> Where do you get the 100M from, how are you measuring it?
> cu andreas

FreeBSD 4.11-STABLE, 'top' reports two processes of spamd with a
combined memory useage total of 68MB both SIZE and RES.

- one or both processes sleeping at 0.00% CPU/WCPU most of the time.

- an average single-message shows 0.15% to 0.33% CPU/WCPU briefly.

Hardly typical, but we don't care to 'anal yze' spam - simply
'discard' most of it before it ever reaches SA.

Last six months, ~ 89% of incoming rejected, ~11% accepted.

SA is asked to look at roughly half of the 11%, so NBD if it is
no paragon of efficiency.

Bill