Re: [exim] Maildir Quota excluding Trash folder.

Author: listrcv
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Maildir Quota excluding Trash folder.
Philip Hazel wrote:

> Lots of things start failing when path names get longer than 256
> characters (or perhaps 1024). I think 256 is a POSIX limit.

How does Exim handle that?

>>It could end up in running into some file system limit (like no more
>>free inodes though space left on the device) after creating 199999
>>directories, fail the delivery and leave a mess of a useless directory
>>tree around. That might also block deliveries to other users.
>

> If you are worried about this, set
>
> create_directory = no
>
> I personally do not think it is worth implementing anything more
> sophisticated.

Well, if I got it right, the idea was that subsequent directories should
not have to be created before mail can be delivered to them. Having Exim
create them could eventually be exploited by supplying suitable content
to string expansions or to lookups, or even by putting such content into
mail.

Without finer grained control on directory creation, the only choices
then would be to either turn it off or to pre-create directories and
making use of the require_files option (as someone suggested). Or am I
mistaken?

GH