[exim] emails going down under

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: John Clement
To: exim-users
Betreff: [exim] emails going down under
I've just moved to a new company, they have a main mail server in the UK
and another in Australia, I believe the Aus' server receives emails for
the Aus' employees from the main server here in the uk.

One of our Aus' employees recently moved here, so they changed the alias
file on the Aus server to redirect any email to his new uk account
(name@???, instead of name@???), now though whether he
receives emails to his .com or .com.au accounts it appears the Aus'
server is getting involved since the time on the email is an Aus' one.

How do I go about tracing where his emails are going? At the last place
I worked if I typed 'exim -bt name@???' it would check through
the aliases until it found where the mail actually gets delivered to,
here though it seems that as long as the domain is valid and one of our
local domains it just says its deliverable:

[root@warfield johnc]# /usr/exim/bin/exim -bt jc@???
jc@???
router = spamcheck_router, transport = spamcheck

this is deliverable but I'd have expected it to have resolved this to my
exim account (j_clement) since jc is an alias for this account.

[root@warfield johnc]# /usr/exim/bin/exim -bt jc@???
jc@??? is undeliverable:
Unrouteable address

this does what I'd expect as does this:

[root@warfield johnc]# /usr/exim/bin/exim -bt jc@???
jc@???
  router = lookuphost, transport = remote_smtp
  host gmail-smtp-in.l.google.com      [64.233.183.27]  MX=5
  host gmail-smtp-in.l.google.com      [64.233.183.114] MX=5
  host alt1.gmail-smtp-in.l.google.com [72.14.205.27]   MX=10
  host alt2.gmail-smtp-in.l.google.com [64.233.167.27]  MX=10
  host alt2.gmail-smtp-in.l.google.com [64.233.167.114] MX=10
  host gsmtp163.google.com             [64.233.163.27]  MX=50

My only thought is that there's somewhere on this main mail server that
says if its a certain list of users (all Aus employees) then forward the
mails on, but I can't find any file anywhere that has such a list..

Thanks - john