Re: [exim] HELP I get an all MX records point to non-existen…

Author: Christian Schmidt
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] HELP I get an all MX records point to non-existent hosts
Hello Tony,

Tony Heal, 25.04.2006 (d.m.y):

> 1. I want to send emails direct without using another mail server in the
> same network.

You know that more and more mail servers refuse to accepting mails
coming from hosts with dynamically assigned IP addresses?

> 2. When using dpkg-reconfigure exim4-config I set localhost.localdomain as
> the only 'final destination' domain

I wouldn't use "localhost.localdomain".

> 3. My offices' domain and our client's

Pardon?

> 4. Our client's email is working properly. The client (which I can not
> mention here) has the same domain name as this server. i.e.@example.com

The server's domain name is "localdomain" as you mentioned before...
;-)

> 5. "Just configure your exim so that its settings fit your local host- and
> domain name. Then try to submit a mail and take a look into exim's
> logs." I thought I did this and I get the MX record error.

Without knowledge about what the log entries look like we won't be
able to help you.

Regards,
Christian Schmidt

--
Intelligenz ist, die Realität zu verändern, nicht sie niederzureißen
und aus den Stücken zu rekonstruieren.