Re: [exim] Maildir Quota excluding Trash folder.

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Daniel Tiefnig
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Maildir Quota excluding Trash folder.
On Wed, 26 Apr 2006, Daniel Tiefnig wrote:

> Consider my simple example, extended by "subfolder_delivery":
>
> directory = ${lookup mysql{SELECT maildir ...}}\
>             ${if def:h_X-Spam:{/.Junk}{}}
> subfolder_delivery: ${if def:h_X-Spam:{yes}{no}}

> Documentation should be explicit about that, though.

It would have to be!

> Hmm, so quota calculation is just done *after* delivering to ~/tmp, I guess?

No, it's done before so that it can fail if the message is too big. But
directory creation happens first.

> I don't think so, as any directory may start with a dot. A maybe not too
> farfetched example would be maildirs of the form "/home/of/user/.Mail".

After my last post I thought of a better idea: use a pattern. So you
could have

subfolder_delivery_regex = /\.Junk$

to pick up a directory ending with .Junk. If somebody wanted to use
/home/usr/.Mail and still pick up subdirs, they could use

subfolder_delivery_regex = /\.Mail/\..*$

I think this is less messy. Anybody else have a view?