Re: [exim] Outlook Problems

Author: Heiko Schlittermann
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Outlook Problems
Doug Jolley <d2jcell@???> (Mi 26 Apr 2006 05:41:12 CEST):
> login and password, I get authenticated just
> fine. However, if I try to connect using Outlook
> 2003 v. 11, authentication fails. I know Outlook
> is very particular about the server prompts; but,
> I have been careful to follow the well settled
> guidance on that issue. Can anyone offer a
> suggestion as to what might be the problem here?

Sure that outlook agrees on TLS and uses it afterwards? Just try to
watch the session using ngrep, ethereal or some similar tool.

Do any other clients work? (Thinking about Thunderbird.)

And you may switch off the dependency on TLS and try unencrypted,
watching again.

    Best regards from Dresden
    Viele Grüße aus Dresden
    Heiko Schlittermann
 Heiko Schlittermann HS12-RIPE -----------------------------------------
 gnupg encrypted messages are welcome - key ID: 48D0359B ---------------
 gnupg fingerprint: 3061 CFBF 2D88 F034 E8D2  7E92 EE4E AC98 48D0 359B -