Re: [exim] This list is not abusive. (Re: Why is this list s…

Autor: Dennis Skinner
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] This list is not abusive. (Re: Why is this list so abusive?)
Ian Eiloart wrote:
> Linking into the correct section of the manual is useful iff that section
> clearly answers the question. Adding some reason, or explanation helps
> more.

iff = if and only if?

It seems like some people here want 1 of 3 kinds of responses when they
ask a quesiton:

1. A link to the manual where the problem is completely solved for you
2. Someone to do your job and completely solve it for you
3. Silence

??

Personally, I'd take a nudge in the right direction over silence any
day. If you are unwilling or unable (perhaps legitimately so) to put in
the effort to solve your own problems, then you require commercial
support. It really is that simple.

Nudges, pointers, and the occassional whack over the head for being
blind or brain-dead is all I really expect from this type of forum.
Detailed and complete answers are icing on the cake and the fact that
there is so much icing in this forum compared to others that I am on,
makes me wonder where this thread is coming from....

Perhaps some people have become addicted to the sugar rush?

--
Dennis Skinner
Systems Administrator