Re: [exim] Why is this list so abusive?

Author: Chris Lear
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Why is this list so abusive?
* Ian Eiloart wrote (24/04/06 15:23):
> [...]
>
> Note, lots of people have said that this list is among the least offensive.
> I agree, and it's also one of the most helpful. Having said that, I think
> it's useful to try to avoid causing offense, just as one would in any
> public forum. So, swearing -even in initials- should be avoided where
> possible.

I agree that it's polite to avoid swearing, and I would never tell
anyone to RTFM myself (though I suppose I kind of did in jest this
morning). But, on the other hand, I wouldn't quite feel sworn at if
someone wrote it in reply to me. Some acronyms are slowly weaned from
their ancestral meanings and take a meaning of their own, and I think
for RTFM that process has involved a lowering of the cuss-value (though
that's just MHO, of course).

Chris [getting a bit off the topic of Exim...]