Re: [exim] Authentication using saslauthd <-> cyrus_sasl

Author: Andreas Metzler
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Authentication using saslauthd <-> cyrus_sasl
Christian Schmidt <christian@???> wrote:
> Andreas Metzler, 22.04.2006 (d.m.y):

[...]
> But what I didn't yet understand is what the differences between the
> following two authenticators are:

> saslauthd_plain:
> driver = plaintext
> public_name = PLAIN
> server_condition = ${if saslauthd{{$2}{$3}}{True}{False}}

> sasl_plain:
> driver = cyrus_sasl
> public_name = PLAIN
> server_realm = server.linau.de
> server_set_id = $2

> Or in other words: The first authenticator checks the authentication
> data by doing a "saslauthd query". And the second one?

... runs a sasl query by whatever method pwcheck_method in the
sasl-configuration is to. (Which lives in SASL_PATH/exim.)

That is just afaict from reading the SASL documentation, however I've
no idea where to set pwcheck_method for exim-specific sasl options.

cu andreas

--
The 'Galactic Cleaning' policy undertaken by Emperor Zhark is a personal
vision of the emperor's, and its inclusion in this work does not constitute