Re: [exim] TLS Problem #1

Author: Doug Jolley
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] TLS Problem #1
> Which openssl version?
>
> see
>http://www.exim.org/mail-archives/exim-users/Week-of-Mon-20060206/msg00072.html

Depending on what I use to connect I use two
different versions 0.9.7h, and 0.9.7a. So, I now
know why 0.9.7a doesn't work. The problem with
0.9.7h is that with it, I don't see an
advertisement of the LOGIN and PLAIN methods.
Since I test tls_cipher using the
server_advertise_condition I'm thinking that for
some reason it doesn't think that I have a TLS
connection (i.e., tls_cipher is empty). However,
this problem doesn't seem to be present at all
when I use smtpc as Tony suggested.

All in all, even though it seems that I'm able to
avoid the problem nicely by using smtpc, it sure
would give me a warm fuzzy feeling if I could get
it to work with openssl v. 0.9.7h. (I now know
it's never going to work with 0.9.7a.)

Thanks.

      ... doug