Re: [exim] Disk failure => 5xx error code

Author: Philip Hazel
To: John Rowe
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Disk failure => 5xx error code
On Tue, 18 Apr 2006, John Rowe wrote:

> Yes, I took a look through the source to tcpwrappers, there's clearly
> nothing to deal with this sort of situation which is why all I could
> suggest was zeroing errno before the call and checking for a few "drop
> dead" values afterwards. Not much, but all we can do.

I really don't like this idea because it is so much of a kludge. I
suppose, though, thinking more about it, that since the effect will be
to change a 5xx error into a 4xx error, it might be a tolerable kludge.
A possible problem is that not all Unix-like OS have the same set of
error values, though that can be coped with by the use of #ifdefs, I
suppose.