Re: [exim] Tools for SQL export to CDB

Author: David Saez Padros
CC: exim users
Subject: Re: [exim] Tools for SQL export to CDB
Hi !!

>> the problem with sqlite and also with dbm databases is that writing to
>> the database locks all database (read/write) and only one process can
>
> PostgreSQL handles that well enough that it is simply no longer a
> factor. At least not for relatively slow changing stuff like mailer
> settings.

our problem here is that we use to suffer massive virus attacks and
rejecting fast (as fast as possible) is the only way to survive that
attacks. The fastest way we find is to reject blacklisted ip's at
connect with an automatic blacklisting system, so we choose the fastest
database for reads. From our experience the system is very good even if
we update the blacklist database only once a day. If the system is on a
such attack and on heavy load the cdb rebuild could be avoided or made
every hour.

--
Best regards ...

    On-Line Services 2000 S.L.       e-mail  david@???
    Pintor Vayreda 1                 telf    +34 902 50 29 75
    08184 Palau-Solita i Plegamans   movil   +34 670 35 27 53