Re: [exim] compile errors on 4.61 .. 2nd try

Author: W B Hacker
To: exim
New-Topics: Re: [exim] compile errors on 4.61 pipe transport build error failure
Subject: Re: [exim] compile errors on 4.61 .. 2nd try
Jim Pazarena wrote:

> first message had a silly typo; sorry

Dunno if this fits, but problems w/r pipe transport build were
discused very recently under thread:

"FreeBSD pipe_transport_setup build failure"

Wherein the flag " -lutil " seemed to have (sometimes) been
required.

FWIW, exim-postgresql 4.61 from ports has compiled w/o that
flag, and w/o error for me on several 4.11-STABLE servers *while
running*, using the 'portupgrade' tool, then '~/exim.sh
restart'. Effectively zero offline time, and no hassle.

But no special flags, either.

HOWEVER, neither of your posts said:

- *which version* of FreeBSD:
i,e - 4.11, 5.X, 6.X, or 7.X,

OR

- if you were working from the ports, or from the master tarball
+ edit of local build configuration.

HTH,

Bill