Re: [exim] Plain Authentication Problems

Author: Doug Jolley
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Plain Authentication Problems
> You aren't talking to the host you think you
> are talking to.

Hi, Tony. My knee-jerk reaction was that that
couldn't possibly be. However, I began
investigating and I did notice that when I ran in
testing mode I advertised NTLM authentication
(which is what my config file says); but, NTLM
authentication wasn't advertised when I connected
across the network. Anyway, I never did really
figure out what was going on. I think that it
had something to do with the fact that Sendmail
was on the system (although it wasn't running)
and the way RedHat sets up their MTAs. Anyway,
when I pointed /etc/alternatives/mta to Exim, the
problem disappeared.

The bottom line is that you bailed me out of a
rather difficult situation at a time when I was
sort of under the gun. Thanks for the help. I
REALLY appreciate it! :)

     ... doug