Re: [exim] Plain Authentication Problems

Author: Doug Jolley
To: exim-users
CC: ddjolley
Subject: Re: [exim] Plain Authentication Problems
> Also note that Outlook
> only does STARTTLS on port 25

Really good info to know. Thanks.

Are you aware of any other funny stuff on ports
other than 25? I'm coming in on port 587. When
I run Exim locally in testing mode (-bh), my
login password authentication works just fine.
However, when I attempt to do it across the
network (port 587), it doesn't work. I also
notice that when I come in across the network my
server prompt strings get modified. Using local
testing mode (-bh) my prompt strings are
'Username:' and 'Password:' respectively. That's
exactly what I have then set to. Coming in
across the network (port 587) the server prompts
become 'User Name' and 'Password' respectively.
(Of course, in all cases, what I see is the radix
64 encoded form of those values.)

Anyway, I'm in dire need of getting this to work
with Outlook. So, if you have any further
suggestions, I'd love to hear them.

Thanks again.

     ... doug