Re: [exim] limit smtp sending connections

Author: Exim Mailing List
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] limit smtp sending connections
On Mon, Apr 10, 2006 at 09:26:57AM -0600, alexis wrote:
> Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2006 09:26:57 -0600
> From: alexis <alzrck@???>
> To: exim-users@???
> Subject: [exim] limit smtp sending connections
>
> Hello, can you please, if there is, point me in the way or the
> documentation on how to limit the smtp ammounts, in terms of
> connections, troughput or any limitation. Fact is one of my servers is
> used to send distribution lists to our customers, the server has a
> huge bandwidth, so thats not a limitation, but this scenario
>
> - I have, as an example, 3000 subscribers in a list with the same
> domain, the receiving server accepts some messages and then it start
> to do some tarpitting or applies delay so i get a lot of messages
> delayed for a long time.
>
> In some lists we are sending market share information that is supposed
> to arrive asap and thats not happening.
>
> This server, for example, used to have qmail (before exim) and i had a
> limitation in qmail

Hi,

I believe you want the setting "smtp_accept_max_per_host" which is
mentioned in the spec.

More information can be found here: http://www.exim.org/

The current spec is here:
http://www.exim.org/exim-html-4.60/doc/html/spec.html/index.html

Steven.
--
There are people so addicted to exaggeration
that they can't tell the truth without lying.