Re: [exim] Americangreetings.com Date Header

Autor: Chris Meadors
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Americangreetings.com Date Header
On Fri, 2006-04-07 at 10:27 -0400, Marc Sherman wrote:

> Just out of curiosity, did they contact you initially, or were you
> resolving a complaint about a missing ecard from one of your own users?
> If the former, what kind of rejection rate were they seeing that
> prompted them to contact you?

One of my customers was not receiving their copy of the card they were
sending to someone else, and contacted me about it.

I reject about 1500 messages a day (with 40,000 delivered) for missing
Date: or Subject: (Message-Id: was getting too many false positives).
There was only one other false positive reported because of these rules
and it was resolved (an SMS to e-mail gateway was not adding a subject).
The vast majority of the mails blocked are entirely empty,
"DATA\n."